Pages

Sunday, 27 March 2005


It's Easter. I hope I haven't been too sinful for the past year. I hope my man at the Vatican is doing well. I spent a spring in Rome and went up the Duomo of St. Peter's Basilica. I only realized how symmetrical the design of St. Peter's square was when I took this picture. Anyways, coming to Rome reminded me of high school. Most of my friends were fond of wearing Doc Marten's steel toe shoes. Of course, I couldn't afford it back then (even now actually). But the Pope wears them, and so do the Swiss Guards who protect the Vatican. I should go back and see if Il Papa signed a new shoe deal.....maybe He has the new Adidas self adapting shoe.....

4 comments:

oxfordian said...

aaawesome picture. didnt know the Pope wears Doc Martens :)

The Nashman said...

Il Papa's Doc Martens is a custom made white though. I don't think you can find white Doc Martens anywhere...

oxfordian said...

white leather? cool.. wonder how'd u clean white leather.. then again, u dont have to worry about cleaning when u have the swiss guards to handle it.

The Nashman said...

I wonder what our man in the mountains, the Dalai Lama, wears? Could it be Gore Tex-clad? If someone needs really technical shoes, it should be him. Those are mean mountains he climbs.