Pages

Tuesday, 25 October 2005

Stay Away From the Light


Mmmmmmmm.......Trance heaven...

I have not visited Middle Earth's Modern Art Museum for some time (A lot of modern art is actually rubbish) but when I finally did I was lucky that Angela Bulloch's installation was quite mesmerising. Orbs and 'pixel' cubes which changed in intensity and colour and was set to trance music. If you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, stay away from this exhibit. I was sober when I came in but I was quickly stoned.

Depending on one's psychological make-up these orbs can quickly conjure up many images in the head.

Imagine how many "The Ring"-like long-haired women can come out from this installation...

After the visual feast, came aural stimulation. These drums could be heard from a mile away. I suddenly was hungry....don't cannibals normally play the drums when they are about to throw the hapless hero/heroine into a boiling pot?......It's just strange how the neurons in my brain are firing....Drums = Hungry...

A quick walk home and I noticed how autumn has arrived...(Still hearing that Drum sound....still hungry.....)

What magic can I quickly make in the kitchen to silence the grumbling stomach......

In 15 minutes, I managed to cook Spaghetti with garlic and oil topped with Parmesan cheese....hmmm...Buono! Buono! Bon Apetito!

3 comments:

En said...

..who's the power couple featured in the Mag? oh, and do u use extra virgin oil for your spag? good cook, huh? =)

En said...

ay, kulang!..extra virgin OLIVE oil

thenashman said...

Yes, it has to be extra virgin olive oil.

The power couple? It's just jack and ge.....