Pages

Monday, 18 December 2006

Rudolph roasting on an open fire......



I still don't know what to cook for my simple Christmas Eve dinner. Looking around at the market I see some nice partridges which I think would be good wrapped in bacon before slowly roasting in the oven. I'm also thinking of doing pochero if I can find good game at the Thursday farmers' market. I could also be despicably lazy and order take out but that ain't right for Christmas. I should at least make an effort.

I'm not sending out cards, cutting up a pine tree, or buying anything unnecessary this Christmas. I'm into the post-materialistic anti-consumerism minimalist Zen now. (Food is an altogether different matter. Only the best will do for the tapeworms in my belly.)

Yet, I still don't mind getting some gifts from you, you selfish bastards.


A large boar is a lot for me to eat......

It looks like my circumcision. Is that pork kosher or what?

I'm skipping the rabbit, geese, and turkey.

That carp is humongous! Lobster would be a tad too luxurious. Besides, there is one big lobster at the zoology department which I'm thinking of stealing.

6 comments:

Dr Gavin Mango said...

It looks like the butcher's sign is trying to make a "claus" pun. (From the angle of the photo anyway) Is it sad that I thought of that?

The Nashman said...

hmmm, thanks for pointing it out.....no you are not sad. you are my kind of peeps. pass whatever it is you are snorting....

alternati said...

Why not stick to an all Sayote based Christmas dinner? Sayote pie, sayote wine, sayote candy, tinolang sayote... the works! I guess sayote isn't endemic there.

The Nashman said...

sayote is expensive here. i get it from the pakistani store at 100 pesos per piece! Imagine that! Pidpiduten me laeng diay sayote nga matintinnag idiay Baguio!

En said...

maligayang pasko at masaganang bagong taon din sa iyo, Kabayan! salamat pala..lalung lalo na sa House of Orange. =)

The Nashman said...

words...they mean nothing to me....unless they come in a giftwrapped red box with large diamonds, a nintendo wii, a jaeger lecoultre tourbillon watch, .....:D...meri kurisumasu too.