Pages

Friday, 4 July 2008

City Living

So I've found an ok place in Hampshire right smack in the city centre, walking distance to the port and just above where the action is. It's a 30 minute walk to the university which is excellent given that unlike Oxbarrio, this is not a city for cycling and I do not want to take public transport because £1.50 one way is expensive. I know where to spend my money on and it's not going to be on bus fare. (There are more overpriced things of course such as piss from Starbucks or an Ateneo de Manila education....)

Aaanyways I wrote a cheque and gave it to my landlord today. Since I have not been paid a salary yet, I had to postdate the cheque. (Nagmukha tuloy akong estafador, showbiz na showbiz talk show host ang dating.) But because The Nashman is a trusworthy brand you can rely on (walang bahid ng putik ang aking pangalan, mabangong-mabango ang aking personality hindi tulad ng masangsang na pekpek ng Assumptionista), my landlord gave me the keys to the flat.


The new digs, or rather a scale model. I don't have a nice view or acres and acres of backyard like The Oxbarrio Mansion, but hey, it's a recession. We all have to downsize and must live below our means.

My main requirement has been met. A decent toilet and bath....

...which I immediately quality tested...well at least the crapper. This is my first deposit, a rather large deposit if I may proudly say so. And funnily enough, I forgot! I forgot that since I have not yet moved in that there was NO TOILET PAPER or SOAP! I'm serious! I had to wipe my butt initially with a £20 note then walk with my pants down my ankles to the corridor to get some tissue from my backpack literally seconds before my landlord walked back in to ask what I thought of the place...

3 comments:

hitme64 said...

man, that is FUNNY! you remind me of myself, too...

Anonymous said...

and ur love affair with your crapper continues. apparently, "crapping" has become synonimous with "got the digital camera!"

nothing comes between nash and his crapper...evidently. you can remedy that. from now on, nash' crapping philo should be: No Tissue, No Tushy.



UW

(i added you to my yahoomess, btw.)

The Nashman said...

some of the best ideas come in the crapper. at least the shit comes out of the right hole while the brain is cleared to dream big...